Du Quoin woman faces new charge in connection to newborn's death | News
MURPHYSBORO, IL (KFVS)- A Du Quoin woman faces a new charge in connection to the death of her newborn son.
Casey Parnell, 25, was charged Friday with felony concealment of death.
According to the Jackson County state's attorney, Parnell gave birth to the child in January 2011.
Investigators say Parnell allegedly put the infant into a trash bag, which lead to his death.
Parnell faces several other felony charges including involuntary manslaughter and concealment of a homicidal death.
Parnell's first court appearance was Friday in Murphysboro.
According to the state's attorney, there was no preliminary hearing. She waived a formal reading of the indictment and entered pleas of not guilty.
Her next court date is set for February 25.
She has been in the Jackson County Jail on $750,000 bond.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Illinois County Stories
Upcoming Events near Perry - Illinois County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect