IAFC urges residents to change your clock, change your battery | Health
(KFVS) - The International Association of Fire Chiefs is reminding residents to change their smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries when they change their clocks for Daylight Savings Time.
October is National Fire Prevention Month and the time will change Nov. 4. IAFC is partnering with Energizer in effort to save lives.
According to IAFC, a home without a working smoke detector can be hazardous, even deadly. They say 38 percent of all deadly fire injuries happen in homes without a working smoke detector.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Illinois County Stories
Upcoming Events near Perry - Illinois County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect