Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day march, rally on March 6 | Events
(KFVS) - The Illinois Gun Owner and Lobby Day will include a rally and march for right to carry in Illinois on Wednesday, March 6.
The group will be leaving from Marion, Ill. to travel to Springfield for the event. A schedule of events includes:
- 7 a.m.Depart Sam’s Club parking lot, 2709 Walton Way, Marion, IL just west of I-57 exit 54 park at north edge of lot.
- 10:30 a.m.Lunch Golden Corral, Springfield, IL $11.00 includes meal-drink-tax-tip
- 11:45 a.m.Registration/Rally, Prairie Capital Convention Ctr, 1 Convention Center Plaza
- 1 p.m. March to the State Capitol to lobby legislators
- 4 p.m. Reception at Vinegar Hill Mall - 107 W. Cook St. - 2 blocks south of Capitol Bldg.
- 5 p.m. Buses load up at Vinegar Hill Mall for trip home
Advance reservations are required for the bus. You can go to www.IGOLD.isra.org or call 815-635-3198 to reserve your spot.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Illinois County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect