ISP releases results of OREP seatbelt details in Dist. 13 | Events
(KFVS) - The Illinois State Police has released enforcement figures from the Occupant Restraint Enforcement Patrols which were conducted in October throughout District 13.
ISP District 13 Commander Thomas Stehley said Troopers working the patrols issued 46 citations and 10 written warnings to drivers. He said there were 35 citations issued for safety belt and child restraint violations.
According to police, most drivers have learned that safety belts save lives, but some ignore their safety and that of their families by neglecting to use safety belts and child restraint devices. They say these patrols reinforce occupant protection message by targeting those who choose to ignore the law.
The patrols are funded by a grant from the United States Department of Transportation/National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation/Division of Traffic Safety.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Illinois County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect