'Southern Illinois 100' in Du Quoin canceled due to rain | Events
DU QUOIN, IL (KFVS) - The “Southern Illinois 100” for the ARCA Series stock cars at the Du Quoin State Fairgrounds has been canceled due to heavy rains.
Originally slated for Labor Day, hurricane remnants postponed the event for Sunday.
Organizers say high winds and heavy rain fell in southern Illinois overnight and a suitable reschedule date could not be found for the event.
This marks the first time a stock car event at the "Magic Mile"has been completely lost due to weather and the first time in the history of the Du Quoin State Fair that no auto racing events took place on the historic mile dirt track.
Track Enterprises say they are finalizing dates for the ARCA Series for 2013.
Fans can visit the Track Enterprises website for updates and the ticket policy regarding the rain out.
ARCA's title chase now moves to the Kansas Speedway next weekend.
For more information go to www.trackenterprises.com
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Illinois County Stories
Upcoming Events near Perry - Illinois County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect