IDNR urges caution at fishing tournaments due to hot weather, drought | Events
SPRINGFIELD, IL (KFVS) - Due to drought conditions and hot weather, Illinois Department of Natural Resources asks fishing tournament organizers to add extra precautions regarding the catch and handling of fish.
When considering ways to protect fish caught during tournaments this summer, the IDNR Division of Fisheries recommends that tournament organizers consider:
- Reducing the length of the tournament and lowering the number of fish that can be brought to the weigh-in
- Maintain conditions in the live well
- Limiting the number of bags used to bring fish from live-wells to tournament scales
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Illinois County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect