2 arrested in Pinckneyville after meth lab found in vehicle | Crime
PINCKNEYVILLE, IL (KFVS) - Two people face charges in connection with a meth lab bust.
Pinckneyville police conducted a traffic stop on State Route 154 at East Snowy Owl Road and found an active meth lab in the vehicle.
Jaime L. Ruffino, 35, is charged with manufacturing of methamphetamine or a substance that contained methamphetamine over 900 grams, a Class X felony.
Ruffino was taken to the Perry County Jail.
The Illinois State Police Methamphetamine Recovery Team was called to dismantle the lab.
The investigation continued to the Pinckneyville Inn where police arrested Corey D. Smelter for unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.
Pinckneyville Police Chief John Griffin says more charges are pending.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Illinois County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect