30,000 Scouts expected to participate in 28th annual 'Scouting for Food' drive | Community Spirit
(KFVS) - More than 30,000 Scouts are expected to participate in the 28th annual "Scouting for Food" canned goods drive on Saturday, November 17.
Last Saturday, Scouts distributed more than 1 million plastic grocery bags throughout eastern Missouri and Southern Illinois. Scouts, parents and leaders will return to those same areas to collect the bags filled with food items.
The Scouts collected more than 45 million food items during the first 27 years of the drive.
If you took pictures as you passed out bags for Scouting for Food on Saturday, you can e-mail them to cNews@kfvs12.com or click here to upload them. Don't forget to include your name and where you're from.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Illinois County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect