Grandstand lineup announced for the DuQuoin State Fair | Community Spirit
DUQUOIN, IL (KFVS) - Fair Manager John Rednour, Jr. announced the grandstand lineup Tuesday for the 90th Annual DuQuoin State Fair.
The fair will be Aug. 24 through Sept. 3.
“We’re more than just a little excited about this year’s grandstand lineup,” Rednour said, “It’s the best-balanced, from start to finish, we’ve ever had. Especially exciting is that we’ll be presenting established superstars of the country music world along with new talents in both the country and rock field. And, there’s a little gospel thrown in as well.”
Lee Greenwood, Merle Haggard, Bret Michaels and Dwight Yoakam may be the most recognizeable names on Du Quoin’s 2012 schedule, but others such as Mandisa, the Eli Young Band, Thompson Square, FireHouse, Warrant, Saving Abel, Default, Trixter and Josh Wilson will add to the overall balance of the eight consecutive nights of grandstand entertainment.
In addition, the Lee Greenwood show Sunday night, Aug. 26, is being sponsored by Continental and will be free for fairgoers.
Haggard, an iconic country music legend, Country Hall of Famer and most recently a Kennedy Center honoree, will highlight the Friday, Aug. 31, show after Mandisa and Josh Wilson appear on Aug. 28, the Eli Young Band and Thomson Square on Aug. 29 and Warrant, FireHouse and Trixter on Aug. 30. Saving Abel and Default close the lineup of stage shows Sept. 1.
Harness racing will open the Fair’s grandstand entertainment schedule Friday night, Aug. 24, while USAC Silver Crown auto racing will close it Sunday night, Sept. 2.
Tickets for all grandstand shows will be available starting July 9 at the main grandstand office, which will be open on a daily basis Monday through Saturday. The office will be open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
A day-by-day listing of grandstand events at the Du Quoin State Fair follows:
- Friday, Aug. 24 -- Harness racing, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 25 -- Harness racing, 12 p.m.; Dwight Yoakam, 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 26 -- Harness racing, 12 p.m.; Lee Greenwood and Jennifer Thompson, 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 27 -- Bret Michaels, 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 28 – Mandisa and Josh Wilson, 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 29 -- The Eli Young Band and Thompson Square, 7:30 p.m. show.
- Thursday, Aug. 30 -- Warrant, FireHouse and Trixter, 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 31 -- Merle Haggard, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 1 -- Saving Abel and Default, 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 2 -- USAC Silver Crown 100-mile race, 8 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 3 -- ARCA and UMP auto racing, 12 p.m.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.