Mobile internet network expands to 8 communities in Southern Illinois | Business
(KFVS) - A phone company announced Friday, January 18 they expanded their mobile internet network in Southern Illinois to the communities of Freeburg, New Athens, Marissa, Pinckneyville and Du Quoin.
AT&T extended access for advanced mobile services, devices and applications to customers in the area.
"Investments in mobile internet technologies foster economic growth in areas like small businesses, high-tech manufacturing, health care and education," said Rep. Jerry Costello, Jr. "This investment is especially important to consumers and businesses in Southern Illinois who are working hard to rebuild our economy."
Over the past five years, AT&T invested more than $115 billion into operations and into acquiring spectrum and other assets that have enhanced wireless and wired networks.
For more information, about AT&T coverage in Illinois or anywhere in the United States, consumers can click here to visit them online.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Illinois County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3 arrested in connection with residential burglaries of elderly in Mt. Vernon
- Rend Lake College Class of '13 crosses stage at 46th Commencement
- Mt. Vernon hospital honors employees for longevity of service
- Mt. Vernon man sentenced to 40 years for sex assault of child
- Mt. Vernon police looking for robbery suspect